Google
 

Friday, July 13, 2007

First blog post EVAR!

Well, hello, readers of my blog. My name is Jon. My nickname has become J, starting 5-6 years ago on the internet as a result of just needing something to call me AND not wanting to tell people my real name right off the bat. J worked just fine. Some of this is already in my "About Me" section (as of this posting), but not in very much detail. I am 20 years old, living in Northern Nevada, the best place in the world to live. Having driven (or been driven) to Ohio twice, then south to Kentucky and then on to Tennessee, I would have to say the "monotony" of sand, salt flats, sagebrush, and mountains in Nevada beats the turds out of the actual monotony of corn and soybeans in the midwest and grass and trees east of that. Just about everywhere that's not the intermountain desert west sucks.

I am pretty much always on the computer. I am usually working on my programming. Sometimes I'm playing games, most notably Asheron's Call. I am typically chatting with people no matter what else I'm doing.

I enjoy shooting guns a lot. I have been shooting in some form since I was 5. I shot competitively in 3rd and 4th grade before taking a break until 10th grade. The last two years I shot, I won upwards of 50 trophies and awards from trap shooting. Most, if not all, first place. I stopped shooting trap again after my senior year. Since then, interests have moved away from shotgun sports and more toward non-competitive rifle shooting. There's nothing more fun than walking around the desert with an AK looking for rabbits... except finding one and shooting at it, even if every shot is a miss.

I am a purveyor of some typically unimportant, useless information. I am completely fascinated with outer space, geology, and weather, and how the heck computers work. Metallica is the best ever. I usually get writer's block fairly easily... like right now. Wait... here something comes...

I am usually pretty heavy into politics. I am VERY conservative, generally more than Savage is. I listen to the radio from 9AM-10PM every weekday as of this Monday, and usually just Rush on the weekends. I can't stand Hannity. He is usually weak and lets his callers walk and talk all over him. He says the same few lines over and over again. His argument usually goes in a circle, and he never drives a point home. Rush, Savage, and Levin (thank God they replaced O'Reilly with Levin on Monday.. about time!) are by the best.

Phew, well, I guess I'll cut off the basics for now. I'm sure as time goes on I will be posting about everything on here and the stuff I missed. Now I need to figure out what I'm going to do for the rest of today... Hmmm..

"WHAT DOES J DO TODAY? WILL HE FIND ANYTHING TO DO? WILL HE SURVIVE? OR WILL HE BE EATEN BY A BUNCH OF VEGETARIAN BABOONS WAITING TO AMBUSH HIM WHEN HE WALKS OUT THE DOOR? CHECK BACK NEXT TIME FOR THE EXCITING CONCLUSION!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success.