Google
 

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Thank the Heavens for YouTube!

As I sit here listening to, and sometimes watching, Metallica's Harvester of Sorrow (live Seattle '89 version), I can't help thinking where I (and many others, I suppose) would be without YouTube around to provide us all with so much entertainment and joy. Without YouTube, I would be stuck listening to... well, either nothing or the crappy radio. But, thanks to YouTube, I can listen to all the Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, The Verve Pipe, Pink Floyd, Bush, George Carlin, prank drive-throughs, banned VW commercials, SNL Celebrity Jeopardy, BlackAndRight (Bob Parks), and POWERTHIRST videos that I want, whenever I want. Hooray for that. The only thing YouTube needs now is a thingy to read your mind and tell you songs you know from a long time ago, but have since forgotten, and want to hear again. Or a thingy to tell you "EY, you'll need this song pretty soon, so here it is." Man, I could have used that service a few weeks ago. Two Edwin McCain videos could havemade an assload of difference. But since I didn't remember Edwin McCain's stuff from years ago, I didn't have the videos (or the songs even), until about 1 day too late.

Yea, that pretty much sums up my YouTube habits. A lot of Metallica. And a lot of stuff I knew a long time ago, but not as much as Metallica. It's great, too, since I don't have to get up and buy a DVD with music videos, or sign up for crappy iTunes. Without YouTube, a lot of people would probably die from lack of music and funny videos. And because they are too cheap and lazy to buy the stuff... like me, except I'm superhuman and don't have to worry about kicking my bucket and falling into a 6 foot hole, where I begin to sprout daisies when I'm covered up by drunk illegal asshat aliens, over YouTube. Hooray for YouTube!

No comments: